Thanks to Charles Rhodes
From a 1917 panorama.
Kitchenette cafe on the corner of second and main was also
the taxi depot.
Here, looking east up second, you see four "taxis", with "Joplin" displayed in the windshields.
The arrows point out the drivers stationed in front of their taxis.
A blur above the word Picher is apparently the fourth driver.
The Kitchenette spelled "Picher" with a "T" in it.
Business up this street, listed in the 1918 Picher City Directory were:
3 ½ e 2nd Horton H B dentist
3 ½ e 2nd VENABLE & CLARK lawyers
3 ½ e 2nd Dr. EDWARDS & EDWARDS
3 ½ e 2nd Beckham & Carlock Real Estate
3 ½ e 2nd HARRIS REALTY CO
5 e 2nd Picher News Stand
6 e 2nd Bill’s Barber Shop
7 e 2nd Liberty Café
8-10 e 2nd Goodfellow’s Café
9 e 2nd CONFER EARL M & CO RENTALS Real Estate
12 e 2nd Liberty Theatre
17 e 2nd Ned’s Store Dime Store
19 e 2nd Reed’s Ready-to Wear Store
100 e 2nd Hereford & Speer
100 e 2nd Pastime Billiard Parlor
102 e 2nd Miner’s Barber Shop